Thursday, September 13, 2007

Why CIE Rocks!

Okay, so I am too scared to swear in the title of my blog entry that a teacher will read but anyways. I just want to reflect on my CIE experience so far and discuss why, in fact, CIE does rock.
First, each one of the 16 people our CIE class had at least a slightly different background. Even though some people have all gone to church each Sunday, they too have had different experiences. This is part of what makes CIE so great. Every person's background makes every one's interpretation a little different. But also, I think that our class is particularly accepting of others ideas. This is not to say that we all come to some agreement at the end of class, but I think that everyone respects the thoughts and opinions of others. It is very important in a class to respect others opinions as much as your own. It may be a different story if all of us had grown up together and some managed to still interpret the stories this differently. I hope that by the end of the semester, the creativity of the class will not decline at all since we will all know each other quite a bit better. On the same note, I hope that the tension in our class doesn't increase too much. Overall, I just love CIE. I also think that our fairly cool teacher makes class better. I think that Nathan offers great points of discussion without pointing us in only one direction. Tangents aren't a bad thing after all. (I love math references) Also, I've heard some of my friends talk about their CIE professors (who shall remain unnamed) who only allow them to talk about one train of thought for an exact amount of time. I usually love lots of structure to classes, but I think that our class has the perfect amount of loose structure.

No comments: